Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Another (@$*#(&!) Brithday

I think I am going to start a petition to stop birthdays once you have passed the ripe old age of 40. After all, aside from the 21st birthday (and maybe the 18th in some states) there is no discernible reason with any validity to keep "celebrating" the passing of each and every year.

The reasons?

I've been gray/white since my 20's - but hair dye has helped me there - so no one can tell if I don't let it grow out too long.

My bones only ache when it rains, when the weather changes, when I sleep, when I'm awake, or when I move. Other than that I'm as fit as I was at 20!

My weight is something I can carry on my own............

My eyes are just fine as long as I wear my contacts and my reading glasses.....but they've been that way most of my life (other than the reading glasses....they came along at the 40 year mark). One more reason to stop at 40.....or maybe I should stop at 39?

My teeth, for the most part, are still my own. Granted, they are slightly worn now, and there are a few that are missing...but I had those pulled, they didn't "fall" out!

My dogs still love me, my kids still love me my grandchildren still love me and my husband still loves me. With all that going for me there's no excuse for asking for presents! Besides, I'm very difficult to buy for...I have all I need and that makes buying for me a problem. I don't want to be a problem to any of the people I love.

I could just tell folks I'm 20 with 39 years of experience.

So, in view of all the facts listed above I think I'll just skip my birthday from now on. At least till I'm a hundred. Then they'll put my photo in the paper. Other than that there's no point in just counting up the years.

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Especially if we stop at 39 - then I don't have to face that big 4-0 in a few weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you. But Happy Birthday to you while your on the subject. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't stop. Birthdays are a little party God throws for you to let you know how much he loves you. Birthdays are good. I'd be just as fat, achy, tired, etc., without my birthday. But I'd miss the hugs and cake!

    ReplyDelete